To ensure that the conversion of purchase requisitions to Coupa purchase orders, and the addition of vendors to Shire's systems is completed in a compliant, efficient and effective way, delivering good customer service to the business. Responsibilities
50% PO Processes
- Review Coupa purchase requisitions for completeness and compliance with the Procure to Pay policy. Includes reviewing back up documentation, currency, alignment of back up documentation to requisition and clarity of description.
- Liaise with business and Sourcing team as applicable to follow up on purchase requisitions failing to meet required standards with a view to efficient resolution of issues.
- Work with requisitioners to ensure change orders and other updates to purchase orders (POs) are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain all appropriate back up documentation associated with each PO as required.
- Contribute to internal training and provide support to requisitioners across the business on vendor creation and amendment, purchase requisitioning (Coupa usage), and other procurement processes.
- Ensure compliance to all Shire and Procure to Pay specific policies relevant to the performance of the role, maintain records as specified, and support and participate in internal and external process audits as required.
30% Supplier Registration Processes
- Contribute to the administration of the having new suppliers registered to do business with Shire (L-Baxalta) companies.
- Perform control and review processes within established SharePoint site to ensure that all new vendors are appropriately checked and reviewed.
- Contribute to internal training and provide support to users across the business on vendor creation and SharePoint site usage.
20% Client/Internal Relations
Education and Experience Requirements
- Build and maintain good working relationships with other departments and personnel across the business, associates in the Sourcing and Finance teams and outside suppliers. Be a strong advocate and subject matter expert in the end-to-end Procure to Pay process relating to indirect goods and services. Participate in the development of process and training materials and assist in delivery of training to the business. Participate in projects, and process improvement initiatives as required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required, Portuguese also deisreable
- Experience of purchase order processing and/or supplier maintenance activities in a multinational environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in delivering or supporting training in a group environment
- Coupa experience desirable
- Supplier Management System experience desirable
- Associate or Bachelor degree required
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.