West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission.
Monitoring and oversight of all Point of Care Testing (POCT) areas throughout the facility. To ensure quality of POCT, competency assessment, meet changing regulatory requirements and continual performance improvement. Work on other projects as requested.
BA or BS degree as required by California Law. Must be licensed by the State of California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. Previous experience as a POC Coordinator preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Good Organization Skills. Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects/tasks.
2. Knowledge of State and Federal regulations as well as Joint Commission and CAP requirements as it pertains to POCT/waived testing.
3. Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
4. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
5. Must be able to read, speak and understand English.
6. Must be able to work and make decisions independently.
7. Ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information.
8. Must be able to work with a high interruption level.
9. Must be able to grasp abstract concepts.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom