DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Group Lead, Machined Products will coordinate and lead day-to-day activities in the DePuy Orthopedics Product's on the machine shop floor with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with Supervisor on all production and operator issues.
- Coordinate priorities with first shift Group Leader.
- Collaborate with maintenance for short-term prioritization and deployment of resources.
- Candidate will be responsible for daily production, planning and prioritizing production schedules and coordinating the delivery and availability of materials.
- Record, track and monitor daily and weekly production.
- Responsible to lead second shift production meetings and assign jobs and adjust schedules as needs change.
- Ensure training of Operators on procedures and verify training is effective.
- Support the resolution of NC's, Product Complaints and Audits.
- Reconcile production administrative work, provide process & product support.
- Review and update procedures, provide new product implementation support.
- Responsible for process improvement activities provide process updates and issues to Supervisors and Engineers.
- Participate in LEAN/OPEX process improvement activities.
- Ensure operators meet production efficiency/output expectations.
- Assure adherence to all safety requirements.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Production, Operations, Manufacturing and/or related discipline is required.
- The ability to set up, operator and troubleshoot various types of machine equipment is required. Experience with Mazak, Mori-Seiki, Makino, Citizens Lathe machinery is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment is required.
- Experience in Medical Devices and/or Disposables is preferred.
- The ability to read and write English is required.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities are required.
- The ability to effectively communicate and work with all Operators and Production Support Associates is required.
- The ability to continuously monitor and meet quality standards while complying with company policies and regulations is required.
- Ability to interpret and follow detailed process specifications is required.
- Ability to work well independently and on small or large teams is required.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel are required.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds and to stand and sit for extended periods of time is required.
- The ability to work in an open work area and in a manufacturing/machine shop environment on a daily basis is required.
- The ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and projects in an environment of competing priorities is required.
- Experience working with ADAPTIV is preferred.
This position requires daily commute to Raynham, MA for the 2nd
shift position and may require additional overtime, including Saturdays and some Sundays. Primary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.