Memorial Hospital of Tampa Polysomnographic Technologist - Polysomn Tech
Polysomnographic Technologist - Polysomn Tech job responsibilities involve performing sleep studies to assist patients who suffer from sleep disorders, including preparing patients for sleep studies, monitoring patients during studies, and recording the subsequent results. Also includes gathering patient data, explain procedure to patient and educate patient of sleep disorders. Calibrate equipment and perform all polysomnographic procedures following center protocols (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention). Assist with scoring following accepted guidelines and center specific protocols. Maintain inventory and equipment.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa and the surrounding community for over 40 years. Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it's no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
The 183-bed acute care hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and provides 24-hour Emergency Care, Behavioral Healthcare, Cardiovascular Services, General Surgery and Imaging & Diagnostic Services. Other specialized services include an accredited Diagnostic Sleep Lab, Digestive Health, Digital Mammography, Health 4 Seniors, Interventional Radiology, Inpatient & Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation, Robotic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Speech & Language Services, Weight Loss/Bariatric Surgery, Women's Health, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Make excellence your goal by joining our team of Respiratory Therapist and family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to http://www.morecareerchoices.com/Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- Current state of Florida RPSGT Certification
- Current BLS Certification
- Basic computer competencies to include word processing, spreadsheet and data base management.
- The ability to work effectively with medical staff personnel.
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Physical Demands:
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom