Rose Medical Center
, a HealthOne hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations like Rose that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence. Rose has also been recognized for the tenth time as of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve costs and quality of healthcare. Rose has been named top performer on "Key Quality Measures" by the Joint Commission in recognition of our exemplary performance in using evidence based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attacks, pneumonia , and surgery. Rose received the prestigious Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2017, in recognition of our dedication to safety and quality outcomes as well as receiving Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for two years straight. In addition Rose has earned straight A's from the Leapfrog Group recognizing patient safety since the program began. Rose has also been named as the "Top Baby Hospital in Denver" by 5280 Magazine, "Best Birthing Center" by Colorado Parent Magazine, one of the "Top 8 Places to Give Birth in the Nation" by Fit Pregnancy Magazine and Rose has more 'Top Doctors" as recognized in 5280 Magazine than any other hospital in the area. Rose was also named as a "Top 100 Workplace" in 2015. Rose Medical Center
is currently looking for a Polysomnography Technician (PRN) . Responsibilities:
- Performs all modalities of polysomnograms on various age groups.
- Performs multiple sleep latency tests. Ability to identify cardiac rhythm anomalies.
- Ability to administer CPAP and BIPAP therapies. Administers oxygen using various mechanisms.
- May have the ability to score Polysomnograms and multiple latency tests.
- Possesses the ability to evaluate various sleep disorders.
- Polysomnogram - either analog or digital polysomnograms.
- Oximeters for recording S P O2
- EtCO2 monitors
- Video monitors equipment
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure machines for treating sleep apnea.
- Bi-level Positive Airway pressure machines for treating sleep apnea and nocturnal respiratory disorders.
- Oxygen flow meters for the administration of oxygen.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
Recommended Education and Training:
- Current BLS certification through American Heart Association.
- Basic arrhythmia recognition course.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with people having sleep disorders.
Degree of Supervision Required:
- Skills in medical and surgical therapies for respiratory, cardiac, neurology, and urology.
- Knowledge of patient care for individuals with sleep, respiratory, and neurological disorders.
- Knowledge of oxygen delivery mechanisms.
- Ability to use CPAP and BIPAP therapies. Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Minimal direct supervision is required.
- Employee will be able to recognize sleep disorders and institute the appropriate therapy including oxygen, CPAP and BIPAP.