MEDICAL CITY LEWISVILLE
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
• Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
• Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and patients.
• Provide clean china, flatware, glassware and cooking utensils for meal service.
• Maintain the integrity of the equipment used.
• Assist with the pick up and delivery of patient meal carts.
• Assist with the general sanitation and maintenance of the Food Service Department.
• Works within the requirements of regulatory agencies.
• May assist with patient tray line, usually in the starter position.
Minimum Position Requirements:
a. No specific hospital experience required for this position.
2. Special Qualifications
a. Must be at least 16 years of age.
b. Ability to read/write English preferred.
c. Good interpersonal/communications skills.
d. Able to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
3. Degree of Supervision Required: Involves general guidance, supervision, and directions by the Production or Service Supervisor and the Director of Nutritional Services. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently, and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
4. Patient Population Served: The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to work in areas providing care to patients in all age categories. The skills and knowledge need to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience.
5. Working Conditions: Non-clinical areas and departments, common areas, and hospital grounds. See attached physical demands analysis for information related to potential job hazards, and functional requirements.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom