About The Position:
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its investment accounting team as a Portfolio Accounting Analyst. Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Accounting, this person will join a global team of professionals that produces accurate security level accounting information for the tracking of investment performance and downstream client reporting. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the accounting for a wide range of asset classes, including FX Forward Contracts, Swaps, Options, Structured Financing arrangements, Syndicated Bank Debt, Corporate & Municipal credits and Asset-Backed Securities.
The Portfolio Accounting Analyst role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the 'hub' of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office. Specific Responsibilities Include:
Skills & Experience Required:
- Responsible for the analysis and processing of accurate market values, income and accounting information used as an input into the firms' official performance calculation
- Assess income recognition on complex fixed income instruments and identify/resolve issues with system generated accruals
- Analyze fund/accounting data to identify potential problems and develop appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Prepare reports for internal and external customers including the maintenance of supporting documentation
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of current processes and controls to make recommendations for continuous process improvement and support implementation
- Responsible for ensuring that trades and transactional activity are properly being recorded in accounting system and performing reviews on system to system feeds of transactional activity
- Investigate reasons for position breaks between the Investment Book of Record and Accounting Book of Record and report issues to management
- Responsible for processing cash and expense transactions
- Manage multiple tasks and/or projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints
- Review the recording of corporate action activity to ensure that events are properly recorded in the accounting system
- Analytically review daily changes in market value and pricing activity to ensure that the daily market values of portfolios are accurately recorded by the accounting system
- Assist in the development and documentation of policies and procedures for work performed
About Guggenheim Investments:
- Bachelors degree with CPA designation is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Princeton Financial Systems (PAM) is a benefit
- 1 to 3 years of finance or accounting experience preferred, prior public accounting experience with a financial services focus highly desirable
- Organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Research, analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel and Access skills
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.