Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Officer within IMS Portfolio Operations (Accounting) is responsible for providing oversight and work review of an off shore team. The day to day activities include aspects of cash and inventory management with transactions processing, accounting reconciliations and performance analysis for fixed income, equity and alternative investments portfolios. The Officer is often involved in leading projects for the department and communicates with both internal and external clients. The Officer is accountable for ensuring processes and controls are in place to mitigate risk for the organization and for providing direction to the off shore Accounting teams.
- Supervise and oversee the day to day activities of global Accounting team.
- Develop procedures to handle existing and new business requirements.
- Manage controls and monitor the decisions of off shore staff to ensure consistent service and adherence to procedures to minimize risk.
- Ensure sufficient controls and procedures are in place to provide the best possible service.
- Interact directly with broker, custodian, investment manager, and internal personnel to research exceptions identified via a reconciliation process and achieve resolution.
- Manage the operations to produce a superior product and provide service excellence to internal and external clients' inquiries and ad hoc requests.
- Coordinate special projects and ad hoc reports.
- Assist in various aspects of technology enhancements.
- Serve as lead for department in presentations or for projects.
- Propose and work to implement workflow changes and support technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Manage relationships at all levels of the department to serve as an advocate between the staff and more senior management.
- Effectively communicate corporate and divisional initiatives to the off shore teams to ensure concrete and measurable action is taken within the unit.
- Initiate projects and improvements to meet client and business needs and improve processes, bringing together other business units when appropriate.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience within fund/portfolio accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of all areas of Accounting and Investment Book of Records and reconciliations.
- Knowledgeable in securities operations, investment manager middle and back office operations, fixed income and derivatives.
- Knowledge or experience in alternative investments is a plus.
- Working knowledge of accounting, custody, broker and depository platforms.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making abilities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively bring individuals from multiple areas together to resolve identified issues.
- Computer proficient including advanced MS Excel skills.
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 169757
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.