The Officer within IMS Portfolio Operations (Accounting) is responsible for providing oversight and work review of an off shore team. The day to day activities include aspects of cash and inventory management with transactions processing accounting reconciliations and performance analysis for fixed income equity and alternative investments portfolios. The Officer is often involved in leading projects for the department and communicates with both internal and external clients. The Officer is accountable for ensuring processes and controls are in place to mitigate risk for the organization and for providing direction to the off shore Accounting teams.
- \t\tSupervise and oversee the day to day activities of global Accounting team. \t
- \t\tDevelop procedures to handle existing and new business requirements.\t
- \t\tManage controls and monitor the decisions of off shore staff to ensure consistent service and adherence to procedures to minimize risk.\t
- \t\tEnsure sufficient controls and procedures are in place to provide the best possible service.\t
- \t\tInteract directly with broker custodian investment manager and internal personnel to research exceptions identified via a reconciliation process and achieve resolution.\t
- \t\tManage the operations to produce a superior product and provide service excellence to internal and external clients' inquiries and ad hoc requests.\t
- \t\tCoordinate special projects and ad hoc reports.\t
- \t\tAssist in various aspects of technology enhancements.\t
- \t\tServe as lead for department in presentations or for projects.\t
- \t\tPropose and work to implement workflow changes and support technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.\t
- \t\tManage relationships at all levels of the department to serve as an advocate between the staff and more senior management.\t
- \t\tEffectively communicate corporate and divisional initiatives to the off shore teams to ensure concrete and measurable action is taken within the unit.\t
- \t\tInitiate projects and improvements to meet client and business needs and improve processes bringing together other business units when appropriate.\t
- \t\tDuring the course of normal day to day operation be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- \t\tBachelor's Degree or its equivalent.\t
- \t\tAt least 5 years of experience within fund/portfolio accounting.\t
- \t\tExtensive knowledge of all areas of Accounting and Investment Book of Records and reconciliations.\t
- \t\tKnowledgeable in securities operations investment manager middle and back office operations fixed income and derivatives.\t
- \t\tKnowledge or experience in alternative investments is a plus.\t
- \t\tWorking knowledge of accounting custody broker and depository platforms.\t
- \t\tDemonstrated leadership and decision making abilities.\t
- \t\tExcellent communication interpersonal organizational planning and analytical skills.\t
- \t\tAbility to effectively bring individuals from multiple areas together to resolve identified issues.\t
- \t\tComputer proficient including advanced MS Excel skills.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.