Additional Location(s) or Information: Research Triangle Park, Anywhere
Job Category: Business Development
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1024687
What You'll Do
The Portfolio and Business Development Manager is responsible for maintaining the strategic view of GVS&CS business objectives and ensuring that the GVS&CS project roadmap, resources and overall efforts tie back into the overall business strategy. He or she will be responsible for the overall prioritization criteria and process to ensure that resources are used to achieve the strategic direction as set out by senior leadership.
This is a highly visible position with significant opportunity to help drive and shape the GVS&CS strategy. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced, always changing environment with a take-charge attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. He or she should be a high-energy strategic thinker, have strong people skills and be able to deliver results while working with multiple complex cross-functional teams. The ability to influence key stakeholders while acting as a team player is an absolute must.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with multiple parts of the organization to create and maintain an overall portfolio that supports the overall vision of GVS&CS. You will work closely with the GVS&CS leaders/S&P leads, as well as other cross functional teams to identify the key projects needed to achieve the overall vision of GVS&CS and success measures. You will also work with internal and external stakeholders so that everyone understands the GVS&CS portfolio and roadmap, the impact of change, and how the projects/activities will contribute to GVS&CS vision and desired business results.
Who You Are
• Responsible for the day-to-day activities related to the management and execution of the GVS&CS portfolio.
• Work closely with leaders of GVS&CS to align on the roadmap and overall portfolio.
• Take a leadership role managing portfolio intake process, review incoming initiatives and determine roadmap and financial impacts to the organization
• Take a leadership role in driving short and long range planning, ensuring that GVC&CS supports and aligns to the strategic direction of Global Sales, Services and GPO
• Ensure that proposed investment opportunities align to GVS&CS priorities, articulate a robust business value case, integrate cross-functional dependencies, and are executable by key stakeholders
• Establish appropriate engagement and interlocks with leads and planning counterparts to ensure timely completion of key deliverables
• Provide integrated view of portfolio performance, managing cross-functional dependencies and measuring progress to ensure the delivery of business value
• Responsible for quarterly reviews of the GVS&CS portfolio
• Demonstrate excellent communications capabilities, business acumen and resource management
• Develop an effective, collaborative working relationship with GVS&CS Ops & Planning staff and senior GVS&CS leadership, and provide in-depth program knowledge
• Leadership through influence and collaboration rather than direct control
• Demonstrated ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others
Experience and Education
• Portfolio management experience. The ability to manage a large complex, global portfolio is required
• BS in computer sciences, business or equivalent, MBA a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills from individual contributor to executive level
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Personal Characteristics (The right person)
• You are an analytical thinker with a positive, can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
• You hold yourself accountable and influence others to be as well
• You have an ability to work independently, but also thrive in a team environment
• You are a catalyst for positive, well-organized change
• You understand how to manage complex projects and are not afraid to lead projects, when needed
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.