Eaton's Vehicle Group Headquarters in Galesburg, MI has an opening for a Portfolio and Financial Planning Co-op starting in Fall 2017.
The role is a part-time financial analyst role intended to enable students in Finance/Accounting/Business programs to combine studies with real-world business experience.
- Track and manage monthly project spending, labor hours, and forecasts, including material and services tracking, purchase order status tracking, and monthly forecast accuracy issue resolution across Eaton Commercial Powertrain’s teams in Michigan, China, India, Poland, Brazil, & England.
- Collaborate to compile and summarize annual spending plan budgets across all global teams, including close communication with the Vehicle Group’s finance team.
- Assist in the development and review of project financial proposals, business case opportunity evaluation, and global resource workload optimization.
- Leverage Excel skills, computer database tools and personal communications to develop weekly and monthly financial status updates to Commercial Powertrain leadership team.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree program, (or Graduate program) with majoring in Finance, Accounting, and/or Business Analytics
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Must currently reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to organize and present data and information to leadership
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No