Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street's Loan Services group has been servicing the institutional loan asset class since 1989 and is currently one of the industry's leading service providers for this complex investment. State Street's diverse client and product structure base: 1940 Act funds, hedge funds, private funds, structured products, offshore vehicles, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional accounts invest in the institutional loan asset class. Loan Services provides custody, accounting and loan administration to this diverse client base across the global organization.
An Associate 1 performs daily maintenance and record keeping for institutional loans held across a diverse mix of clients and product structures.
An Associate 1 interacts with client personnel on their assigned portfolios, inputting/settling institutional loan trades, performing income accruals, and providing daily reporting per client specific guidelines. An Associate 1 will work closely with various State Street processing groups (e.g., Client Service, Accounting Operations, etc.) to service clients investing in institutional loans.Responsibilities:
- Calculate and process fund and account activities, e.g. supporting NAV, cash movements, distributions, process transactions, etc. and prepares proofs as needed for portfolio holdings and accrual information
- Perform research and resolution process for exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and inquiries
- Provide reporting needed to prepare financial statements and reports for the client, shareholder, and/or director and management reports as needed.
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Maintain appropriate records of daily and monthly activities
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating this activity in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree with business related coursework; B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 0-1 years of related custody and/ or fund accounting experience, accounting, finance, mutual fund operation, loan operations or related careers preferred.
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel)
- Aptitude for math
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, and within a deadline oriented environment
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 148384
Kansas City, MO
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.