Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Portfolio Manager – Global Equities located in New Brunswick, NJ.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Portfolio Manager – Global Equities reports to the Managing Director, Public Markets. He/she plays a critical role within the investment team that will support managing a $40 billion pool of assets globally. He/she provides expert investment analysis and recommendations for all public market equity investments globally including manager and fund selection, complete due diligence of managers and funds and all hiring, monitoring, terminations, and transition management. He/she will be responsible for the entire Global equity public market investment process from start to finish.
The major responsibilities include:
He/she will oversee all aspects of the public market investment activity including, but not limited to:
• Identification of appropriate global equity (U.S. Equities, Non-US Equities, Emerging Market Equities, Global Equities, regional equity) funds and investment managers across all capitalization and country spectrums
• Investment and operational due diligence and all related hiring, monitoring and terminations of investment managers
• Manage a pipeline of viable investment managers and investment opportunities
• Tracking, reviewing, understanding, and communicating the performance of public equity market investments globally
• Review industry trends to identify and monitor top investment managers/funds to determine their appropriateness and effectiveness within the equity portion of the Johnson & Johnson Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution plans, including select Non-US plans
• Research and propose relevant benchmarks for public market equity investments globally
• Partner with the Managing Director in development efforts on technical criteria for selection and monitoring of outside investment funds and managers
• Provide the Managing Director, Public Markets with ratings and rankings for public market equity managers globally
• Measurement and management of active risk across public market equity portfolios
• Partner with the Managing Director, Public Markets to identify and perform diligence on new strategic and tactical investment opportunities
• Prepare and present public market equity performance reports and presentations to relevant investment committeesQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, and/or Statistics is required
• CFA, CAIA, CPA or MBA preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of institutional investing experience is required
• Experience in selecting institutional equity investment managers is required
• Must possess a solid knowledge of equity markets and strategies globally
• Proficient knowledge of eVestment, Morningstar, Bloomberg, and Factset is preferred
• Must possess very strong and diverse excel skills including excel modeling
• The candidate should be a team player with the ability to communicate and develop solid working relationships with a significant number of external investment managers and internal company staff, must work well in a dynamic environment; work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously; possess exceptional analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
• Position requires 30% global travel
• Position is located in New Brunswick, NJPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.