Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation of hotel F&B/casino POS system at customer site or remotely.
- Responsible in conjunction with the local product team for local quality assurance of new product and version releases prior to distribution in the region
- Ensure familiarity with new releases as they become available
- Provide coaching, training and support to hotel/casino project & operation team.
- Assist in configuring, installing, training and supporting the MICROS product suites and associated interfaces for selected strategic projects when required
- Work with the support teams to ensure service level requirements are exceeded
- Work with the customers to ensure that contractual service expectations are exceeded
- Perform other duties as requested or as deemed appropriate
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Willing to work overtime and holidays as requested
- Willing to work with a wide variety of cultures
- Willing to be contactable on an on-call basis after-hours by mobile phone
- Adhere to company standards, policy and procedure
- Hold a valid passport
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- Minimum two years' experience installing/configuring/supporting MICROS software products.
- Minimum two years' management experience working with a restaurant management system
- Degree in a technical, hospitality or business field
- Previous training experience in the area of theoretical/conceptual training
- Knowledge of manual food and beverage management procedures
- Experience in Microsoft suite of products in particular, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- High level of competency with English language
- Previous experience with alternative automated restaurant management systems
- Previous experience working with an automated support or implementation management and tracking tool for support or implementation
- Previous experience in implementing or supporting hospitality software products
- Familiarity with Operating Systems (Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, AIX, Oracle, and VMWare)
- Working knowledge of Networks, PCs and troubleshooting installation issues
- Knowledge of Oracle or SQL database
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong management and interpersonal skills with the ability to earn respect from both internal and external customer project teams
- Ability and credibility to work effectively with both our internal and external customers at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work unsupervised or as a team member of both the local office team and wider company teams
- Creative thinking abilities, uses experiences and knowledge to create new ideas and think 'outside the square'
- A self-starter with initiative, drive and strong desire to succeed
- Ability to work in a logical methodical manner
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Flexibility with people and time
Intermediate implementation professional who analyzes customer needs, configures the solution, and installs it at the customer site.
Ensure the solution meets specifications and functions per customer specific operational work flow for multiple concepts, users, and service models. Resolve any gaps in functionality. Train the staff on the use of the new solution, and take the site live on the system after everything has been configured and everyone is trained. Ensure a smooth transition to the new system. Answer operational and application questions and consult the customer in a manner to transfer ownership of the system to the customer. After "go-live", provide technical support to the customer.
2-5 years of overall experience in relevant roles. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.