Post Doctoral Fellow - Human Lung Stem Cells and Regeneration
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Posted: November 29, 2017
Reference ID: R-017583
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with renowned scientists to find the targets which are fundamental derivers of human disease. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on making a difference in people's lives every day.
The lung regeneration team at MedImmune is seeking highly motivated candidates for Postdoctoral positions to study the biology of human airway and alveolar epithelium with the focus on lung stem cells and pathogenesis of lung disease. The successful candidate will study growth factor pathways that regulate lung stem cell self-renewal and differentiation in health and disease, epithelial-mesenchymal and epithelial-immune interactions using patient-derived iPSCs and airway models at the tissue- and single-cell levels.
• Lead and perform range of lab-based experiments including reprogramming human somatic cells into induced pluripotent stem cells, stem cell differentiation into disease-relevant cell types, generating 2D and 3D culture models, phenotyping diseased cells with cellular, molecular and functional assays.
• Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently.
• Preparation of precise technical summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
• Oversee the day to day organization of different components of the projects.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the teams who are working on related research questions.
• Publish discoveries in high quality and impact journals.
Position Qualifications Include:
• Ph.D. in the field of Cell biology, Developmental biology, Stem cell biology, Molecular biology or a related Field.
• The knowledge of lung biology, physiology and disease, epithelial and mesenchymal biology.
• Experience in stem cell culture and differentiation.
• Strong cell biology experience in tissue culture techniques, isolation and culture of primary cells and the use of co-culture systems.
• Excellent skills in cellular and molecular biology techniques (Western blot, qRT-PCR, immunostaining, ELISA) and fluorescence imaging.
• Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and in collaborative team environments.
• Experience in imaging and single cell analysis.
• Experience in executing and analyzing multicolor flow cytometry.
• Experience with bioreactor culture system.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.