At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you'll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you're curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person
You'll be working in pharmacological and statistical modeling across all therapeutic areas, based in our Department of Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology at Waltham, MA. You'll also be a member of the Interdisciplinary Program in Pharmacometrics, which links pharmacometric experts across the Scientific Core Platforms.Main duties and responsibilities
You'll be working in pharmacological and statistical modeling across all therapeutic areas, based in our Department of Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology at Waltham, MA. You'll also be a member of the Interdisciplinary Program in Pharmacometrics, which links pharmacometric experts across the Scientific Core Platforms.
You'll perform literature searches and evaluate available clinical reports in different ethnicity, as well as collecting preclinical and clinical data for identified drugs. Then you'll develop PBPK models and population pharmacokinetic models with the collected data and create an approach to compare the pros and cons of both methodologies and propose good practice based on your findings, validating your recommendation with emerging data.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills in clinical pharmacology, as well as pharmacometrics and its impact in the drug development process, particularly toward development in different ethnic populations. You'll be collaborating with AstraZeneca scientists across the globe, as well as working independently, so you should be open to developing and sharing new ideas to improve or enhance current processes. You'll also be actively engaged with both AstraZeneca and academic supervisors and will be encouraged to publish scientific papers describing your project findings and especially any novel method/approaches.Essential requirements:
- A PhD in pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, pharmacology, statistics, mathematics, biomedical engineering or relevant discipline
- Experience of pharmacokinetic modeling, physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling or systems biology modeling
- Mathematical or statistical modeling with experience in modeling biological data
- Application of specialist tools such as SIMCYP, Phoenix, WinNonlin, Matlab, NONMEM, R
- Understanding of DMPK and pharmacology/safety, drug delivery, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamics, physiology and global regulatory aspects of drug discovery and development
- Good team working and networking skills
- The drive and energy to deliver projects
- High degree of personal credibility
- Capacity to work collaboratively within a team and networking
- Ability to share knowledge and interpret findings
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A strong scientific track record, as evidenced by published or accepted papers in peer-reviewed journals, oral and/or poster presentations at scientific meetings
- Major commitment to science and ability to work well within a group environment
- Good communication skills, as you will be working with colleagues in global locations
- Collaborative and interactive personality.
To apply for this position, please click the apply
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
This is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract opportunity, plus 1 year which will be merit based. The role will be based at Waltham, MA with a competitive salary on offer Opening date of advert: 17th February 2017 Closing date of advert: 18th April 2017
If you share our passion for scientific excellence, find out more at careers.astrazeneca.com
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.