Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the area of Analytical Sciences supporting the Discovery Sciences Organization in La Jolla, CA. This Post-Doctoral position will be a two year assignment.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical and biotechnology company. As a world leader in the field of biomedicines, Janssen discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Located at our Springhouse, PA, facility the Biologics Research Cell Line Development group within Janssen Biotherapeutics is responsible for generating cell lines that produce drug substances.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding postdoctoral scientist to further our understanding of membrane transporters.
We are seeking a highly motivated, conscientious and diligent scientist, who is flexible, dynamic, and able to work with autonomy to drive their individual project forward while also contributing to the group as an integral team member. The Postdoctoral Scientist will:
- Be responsible for innovative design and execution of multi-disciplined analytical experiments, with the emphasis on developing advanced mass spectrometric methods to characterize and quantify low abundance molecules in complex biological samples.
- Develop methods will be applied to real world projects such as bioactive metabolites profiling and pathway analysis, human disease state assessment, pharmaceutical treatment effects, drug target identification, and mechanism of drug action.
- Work closely with Janssen chemists and biologists as well as external collaborators.
- Encouraged to present and publish their research both internally and externally.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Qualifications
- A minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is required in a relevant discipline such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Pharmacology.
- A proven research experience is required.
- In-depth understanding and extensive hands-on experiences of using modern LCMS instrumentation and techniques (e.g., UPLC, qTOF, triple-quad) in conjunction with various sample prep techniques (e.g., metabolite extraction, SPE, chemical derivatization) in solving complex problems are critical requirements.
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are also key attributes.
- Demonstrable evidence of scientific productivity, as reflected by having high-impact peer-reviewed publications in analytical or bioanalytical fields.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, California, La Jolla
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C
Job Function: Postdoctoral
United States-California-San DiegoOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function