Why You?Basic qualifications:
• A PhD degree and/or a MD/PhD in Immunology
• Experience with human Immunology, in particular Th17 cell biology
• A strong understanding of cellular immunology and a grasp of tissue culture assays interrogating the role immune cell activation.
• Experience in flow cytometry, primary cell culture and ELISAs
• Ability to design, carry out and interpret data related to T cell and APC biology and explain this to team
• Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific data
• Experience with dendritic cell and macrophage biology
• Experience working in a matrixed environment
• Significant Experience with human primary cell culture and isolation (immune cells and epithelial cells); capable of designing complex immune-cell culture experiments addressing specific hypotheses
• Comfort level conversing with opinion leaders regarding highly technical information
• Self-starter able to handle multiple projects concurrently; possess a good balance of creative, analytical and strong communication skills
• Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment, and effective work within a team
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.