Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Postdoctoral fellow in ImmunoPharmacology within Discovery Immunology to be located in Spring House, PA. The term of this postdoctoral assignment will be 2 years. ImmunoPharmacology is responsible for conducting mechanistic pharmacology studies to support discovery Immunology projects.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical and biotechnology company. As a world leader in the field of biomedicines, Janssen discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are seeking new PhD graduates with a demonstrated track record of productivity and the passion to pursue a career in biomedical research. The Postdoctoral Fellow will:
- Developing in vivo, ex vivo explant models of immune mediated intestinal inflammation, and defining the underlying cellular, molecular and biochemical/immune pathways of inflammation .
- Studying selective vulnerability of distinct immune and non-immune cell populations during inflammation.
- Evaluating the impact of modulation of selected pathways on inflammation.
- Presenting results at internal and external scientific meetings, and publishing results in peer-reviewed journals.
- A minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is required in a relevant discipline such as Immunology, Cell Biology.
- A strong publication record demonstrating conceptualization research ideas and execution.
- Familiarity with cell biology, molecular biology and immunology techniques, preclinical experimentation, and writing institutional animal care and use protocols.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Experience with ex vivo/in vivo models of intestinal inflammation/explants is a plus.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, Pennsylvania, Spring House
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C
Job Function: PostdoctoralPrimary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function