Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Oncology Biostatistics and Decision Sciences, located in Raritan, NJ. The duration of the Postdoctoral Fellow program is 2 years.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cardiovascular disease, oncology, general medicine (acid reflux disease, infectious diseases), mental health (bipolar I disorder, schizophrenia, depression), neurologics (Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, migraine prevention and treatment), pain management, and women’s health. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated, conscientious and diligent scientist, who is flexible, dynamic, and able to work with autonomy to drive their individual project forward while also contributing to the group as an integral team member. The Postdoctoral Fellow will:
- Support the oncology area with a focus on hematologic malignancies, prostate cancer and lung cancer; cancer interception with the goal of developing products that interrupt the carcinogenic process; biomarkers that may help guide targeted, individualized use of our therapies; as well as safe and effective identification and treatment of early changes in the tumor microenvironment
- Provide statistical input into the clinical development of drugs for treatment of cancer.
- Work with the clinical team in designing clinical studies, leading/authoring the statistical analysis plan, conducting the statistical analysis, and providing statistical input to the clinical study report.
- Provide input in the preparation of scientific presentations and manuscripts.
- Participate in process improvement, training, standards development and enhancing statistical technical expertise.
- Liaise with other statisticians within the organization, building working relationships with therapeutic area leaders, internal SAS programmers, clinical trial managers, and personnel from regulatory affairs, medical writing, and other disciplines as needed.
- Work with external partners including key opinion leaders in the oncology area, may work with external regulatory agencies and advisory committees, and contract research organizations.
- Candidates must have a recent or expected Doctorate Degree (e.g., Ph.D) in Statistics, Biostatistics or other relevant program is required.
- Candidates will need a working knowledge of statistical software such as SAS, R, or SPlus.
- Experience and knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and regulatory requirements for clinical drug development, including the conduct of clinical trials is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills are required.
- Excellent analytical skills are required.
- Experience presenting to technical and lay groups at public meetings is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methodology including experience with modeling and simulations is preferred.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, New Jersey
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C
Job Function: Postdoctoral
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.