About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
the company Oncology Computational Biology group (La Jolla, CA) is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our team. This postdoc will work on clinical cancer multi-omics and immune oncology profiling studies aimed to elucidate the molecular bases of drug treatment response and resistance using multi-platform datasets in a highly collaborative environment with clinicians, biologists and statisticians. The ultimate objectives of the studies are to identify target genes and predictive biomarkers for anti-cancer drugs as well as making impact on clinical diagnostics and treatment. He/she will be responsible for performing predictive and integrative analyses of high dimensional datasets and author peer-reviewed publications. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone interested in pursuing cutting edge cancer research in the clinical and drug discovery settings.
• Develop computational pipelines to analyze NGS and other cancer multi-omics data.
• Organize and analyze molecular/cellular profiling data to derive biological insights.
• Design and conduct experiments through collaboration with biologists.
• Draft and edit manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Present data in written and oral form to the scientific community.
• Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology or a closely related discipline.
• Strong programming skills in R and a scripting language such as Perl/Python.
• Experience working with NGS and multi-omics data analysis.
• Familiarity with statistical and data mining methods.
• Working knowledge of cancer biology and genomics.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.