Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is
recruiting for Postdoctoral Fellow, Population
Analytics to be located in either Spring House, PA or San Francisco, CA. The term of this postdoctoral assignment will be 24 months, with the
possibility of an additional year.
At Janssen Research & Development, LLC, we are
united and energized by one mission – to discover and develop innovative
medicines that ease patients’ suffering, and meet the most important unmet
medical needs of our time. We think of the world as our laboratory and we look
for innovation wherever it exists. This drives our relentless search for the
best science, and our pursuit of collaborations and partnerships. We believe
there are no limits to what science can do.
We are currently seeking post-doctoral candidates to join our scientific
team and contribute to the mission of discovering and developing novel
on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed
to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Pharma R&D seeks an innovative postdoc with
expertise in statistical and computational techniques including experience
managing and analyzing big data to support our pharmaceutical and/or biomedical
research, drug discovery and development. The Postdoctoral Fellow will:
- Be part of the Computational Sciences group in the Discovery
Sciences organization within Janssen Pharma R&D.
- Be part of the Population Analytics team which is a new,
dynamic initiative focused on Precision Medicine, Disease Interception, and
Real World Evidence in support of cross-enterprise initiatives. Their mission
is to support longitudinal, prospective, population-based studies that take
into account individual variability in genes, environment and lifestyle and
exploit the knowledge gained to increase understanding and interception of
- Develop dynamic predictive modeling methods and tools to
integrate heterogeneous data sources deriving from electronic health records,
‘omics, sensors and imaging and apply them to address questions of interest
within our therapeutic areas.
- Help manage the delivery of scientific analyses in support
of our R&D teams and collaborators within and outside Janssen.
- Perform and publish high-quality research relevant to the
mission of the organization.
- Effectively communicate data and results to our stakeholders
within and outside of J&J and work effectively with colleagues across
- Where appropriate, the postdoc will participate in training
and development sessions & workshops within Janssen/J&J, as well as
attend and present at external conferences.
- Receive guidance and mentoring to participate and contribute
to ongoing efforts focused on the search for safe and effective therapies. The
goal is to help him/her integrate into and develop an understanding of the
pharmaceutical environment, develop skills needed for maximizing potential and
network within our enterprise.
- A minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is required in
a relevant discipline such as computational sciences, mathematics/statistics,
biostatistics, genetics/genomics or bioinformatics.
- Experience with Bayesian approaches and/or time series is a
- Strong computing and data management skills and demonstrated
ability to deliver on objectives in defined timelines are required.
- Experience in the field of bioinformatics, genetic
epidemiology, computational/statistical genetics is a plus.
- Experience with drug discovery and development practices and
project support in a large pharmaceutical setting is a plus.
- Being independent, self-motivated and innovative and the
ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team
environment are required.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a
successful track record of collaborating with multidisciplinary scientific
teams is required.
- We seek an individual with strong training and experience in
applied quantitative methods.
- Possess outstanding communication skills as well as broad
biological interests that will enable them to facilitate interactions between
laboratory-based and computational scientists in our Therapeutic Areas and
Disease Area Strongholds.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, LLC
Job Function: PostdoctoralPrimary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
North America-United States-California-South San FranciscoOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.