Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in PPDM and the Peptide Drug Hunter Network you will work with a highly collaborative cross-functional team of scientists from ADME, peptide chemistry, computational chemistry, and pharmacology to establish new approaches for discovery of pharmacologically active peptide designed to engage intracellular targets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and application of combinatorial peptide pools for transport analysis and target engagement.
- Development of tools to enrich peptide libraries for pharmacologically active membrane permeable and protease stable peptides.
- Analysis and integration of cell free and cell based data to quantify primary barriers to intracellular exposure and target engagement.
- Work internally and externally with colleagues from other disciplines to develop tools and SAR for discovery of membrane-permeable and protease stable peptides.
- Prepare and publish scholarly articles on peptide permeability across biological membranes and peptide design strategies targeting intracellular proteins.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD with 3 years or less of postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
Required Experience and Skills:
- Scientific experience in membrane biochemistry / biophysics, drug metabolism and peptide chemistry.
- Ability to work with model membrane and cell based assays to study peptide- membrane interactions.
- Ability to integrate quantitative chemical and biological data to understand structure transport relationships.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to design and interpret experiments, and establish study plans to drive scientific understanding and problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a history of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experienced with mass spectroscopy and other bioanalytical procedures
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement