Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in Biologics and Vaccine Bioanalytics you will work with a highly collaborative team of scientists from clinical immunology research, bioinformatics, infectious disease and immunoassay development to conceive, design, plan and implement advanced cellular immunology experiments/assays designed to advance vaccine development. The overall goal of the postdoc project is to establish cellular flow cytometry-based human immune assays for tracking, enumeration, phenotyping, and functional evaluation of antigen-specific B and CD4 T cell responses to novel mRNA platform viral and cancer vaccines.
We are seeking a talented immunologist/molecular biologist keen to pursue cellular immunology research that will have an emphasis on novel discoveries, a potential for patient impact and will generate high impact publications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing novel B cell and T cell tetramer staining assays to enrich antigen-specific B and T cells from NHP and human PBMC
- Employing this technology to assess quality and robustness of T-dependent post-germinal center memory B cell and follicular helper T cell (Tfh) responses in vaccinated and un-vaccinated individuals
- Submission of at least one high-profile publication based on postdoctoral research
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD with 3 years or less of postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry assay development and innovation, including data analysis and interpretation
- Excellent scientific understanding of host (human and NHP) immune responses to viral infection
- Experience in immune cell isolation and characterization using flow cytometry
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Hands-on experience in generation of B and T cell tetramers and ex vivo tetramer-based cell enrichment
- Ability to design experiments, interpret and track results, and utilize this information to enable assay development
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement