Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in Chemical Proteomics you will be a key contributor to an innovative project that will impact our global Chemical Biology strategy, working with a multidisciplinary team of scientists to design, plan and implement advanced proteomics experiments towards the affinity enrichment, identification and characterization of novel protein-ligand interactions from therapeutically significant biological samples.
You will contribute to generate mechanistic hypotheses relevant to human health and disease through the interpretation of complex proteomics data and, with your strong inter-personal and communication skills, you will help to disseminate information across scientific disciplines and functions, bringing together genetics, cellular pharmacology, chemistry and molecular biology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement novel mass spectrometry based proteomics protocols to advance knowledge in sub cell type proteomics from complex biological systems.
- Prepare biological samples for in-lysate and in-cell experiments, utilizing chemical and metabolic labelling methodologies or label-free protocols as needed.
- Perform quantitative multiplexed affinity proteomics experiments with chemical affinity probes.
- Regularly present scientific updates to collaborators and contribute to MRL publication strategy in high impact peer-reviewed journals and international conferences.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD with 3 years or less of postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with in-lysate and in-cell protein labelling methodologies, including chemical and metabolic labeling approaches.
- Experience in cell culture, and methodologies of selective protein isolation: sub-cellular fractionation, immuno- or chemical affinity enrichment, chemical derivatization from cells, tissues and biological fluids
- Proven experience in quantitative nanoLC-MS/MS method development for protein identification.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in quantitative multiplexed affinity proteomics methodologies and workflows ("pull-downs").
- Experience in quantitative membrane proteomics methodologies and workflows
- Experience in tissue sample processing
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement