Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: Merck Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
The postdoctoral fellow position in Discovery Immune Regulation will report to Barbara Joyce -Shaikh and will work closely with highly collaborative team of scientists led by Dr. Daniel Cua at MRL Palo Alto site in California. You will devise and carry out in vivo and in vitro studies to understand innate and adaptive immune regulatory mechanisms in tissues and at barrier surfaces. The role will focus suppressive mechanisms on immune cell trafficking, cross talk with local tissue micro-environment and recruitment of effector cells.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employing complex in vivo disease model systems to address specific question related to immune regulation
- Using cellular and molecular biology to dissect the in vivo observations and drive the discovery process
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD in Immunology, Cell biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or related discipline with 3 years or less of postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in development of in vivo and in vitro assays exploring T cell or myeloid cell biology
- Experience in immune cell isolation and characterization using flow cytometry
- Work with in vivo models to elucidate in vivo function of novel immune/cellular pathways
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in innate cell biology, autoimmune inflammation, and/or immuno-oncology
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement