Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in MRL Infectious Disease/Vaccine Discovery, you will work with a highly collaborative team of scientists from vaccine and biologics discovery, structural chemistry, bioinformatics and pharmacology to conceive, design, and implement experiments to advance vaccine and biologics development. You will focus on discovery and structural characterization of human monoclonal antibodies and application in subunit vaccine design.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Discover and characterize human monoclonal antibodies in vitro and in vivo
- Structural analysis of antigen/antibody interaction
- Structural based antigen design and evaluate designed antigens in vitro and in vivo
- Data interpretation, manuscript preparation, publication and presentation
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Immunology, Infectious Disease or related field with 3 years or less of postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
Required Experience and Skills:
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in structural biology
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in molecular cloning, cell culture, protein expression and purification
- Experience in biochemical and immunological assays (i.e. ELISA, SPR, WB, FACS, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in structural based protein design
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement