Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Parenterals Product Development group within the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the candidate will support the design and development of novel delivery technologies for immuno-oncology indications. In this laboratory-based position, the candidate will work closely with a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team to advance formulations into preclinical development. Candidate responsibilities include the conception and execution of experiments, interpretation of data, presentation of results, and preparation of technical reports and scientific publications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the design and development of nanoparticle and extended release formulations through experimental design, planning, execution and data interpretation.
- Support physical, chemical and biophysical characterization of formulations
- Support in vitro cellular assays and in vivo testing in preclinical animal models
- Present scientific results at meetings and in technical reports/publications, internally and externally
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related discipline with less than 3 years of postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
Required Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and solve scientific problems in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a strong desire to learn and contribute
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong scientific acumen, with ability to solve problems of medium/high complexity via independent planning, design, execution and interpretation of experiments.
- Academic experience in non-conventional injectable drug delivery technologies, including lipid- and polymeric nanoparticles, nano- and micro-suspensions and depots
- Academic experience in cell-based assays or in vivo models
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement