Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
Position Overview: Develop Sensitized Animal Models and In Vitro Cell Systems, and Generate Translational and Mechanistic In Vivo Biomarkers of Mitochondrial Toxicity
As a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Investigative Laboratory Sciences within Safety Assessment & Laboratory In Vivo Resources, you will work with a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team of scientists from toxicology, pathology, biology, biochemistry and chemistry to conceive, design, plan, and implement in vitro and in vivo experiments aimed to advance safety models used to understand and prevent drug-induced mitochondrial toxicities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Formulate hypotheses addressing drug-induced mitochondria associated toxicities
- Design, execute, and interpret in vitro and in vivo experiments in collaboration with interdisciplinary scientists
- Analyze and explain experimental results with critical thinking
- Publish in high quality, peer-reviewed scientific journals
- PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Toxicology, or related disciplines with 3 years or less of postdoctoral experience or will have met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
- Skills in cell culture
- Experience in design and coordination of in vivo model studies
- Strong knowledge of mitochondrial biology and biochemistry, and molecular genetics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in gene knockdown or knockout
- Ability to design and execute experiments concisely, track and interpret results coherently, and develop improved methodologies for practical application
- Track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement