Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in the MRL Pharmaceutical Sciences and Clinical Supplies (PSCS), you will work with a highly collaborative team of scientists in a state of the art facility to develop and utilize solid-state NMR techniques (ssNMR) for pharmaceutical research. We are seeking a highly motivated NMR scientist who is keen to pursue a career in pharmaceutical sciences by implementing the cutting edge ssNMR techniques to solve important scientific problems in complicated formulation systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employ advanced NMR techniques to investigate drug substances and formulations
- Design, test and implement novel NMR methods to extract critical structural information of small molecule and peptide drugs
- Collaborate with internal and external scientists on high-resolution characterization of pharmaceuticals.
- Present results in conferences and publish in leading scientific journals
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Material Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related fields with 3 years or less postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
- In-depth training of NMR theories and applications
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Research experiences of organic compounds and/or biomacromolecules.
- Experience of NMR pulse programing and simulation
- Experience on proton-detection under ultra-fast magic angle spinning and/or dynamic nuclear polarization.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement