Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in the BioNMR group, you will have a unique opportunity to develop and implement high resolution NMR methods to study the solution behavior of monoclonal antibodies and other therapeutic proteins. You will work with a highly collaborative team of scientists within our Chemistry Capabilities group, using state-of-the-art equipment that includes 500, 600 and 800 MHz spectrometers. You will be collaborating with chemistry, biologics and bioprocess colleagues to contribute structural information that will help to characterize protein stability, including self-associations, aggregation and the formation of higher-order structure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement and carry out NMR experiments
- Data interpretation, model building; presentation and publication of results
- Build and work in collaborations with bioprocess and discovery biologics scientists
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD in Structural Biology, Biophysics or related area with 3 years or less of postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
- Background in NMR spectroscopy
- Knowledge of protein NMR methods and some experience in methods development.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Recombinant production (CHO, E. coli) of isotope labeled proteins
- Biophysical protein characterization techniques
- Structure calculations, molecular modeling, scripting, programming
- Structural characterization of large proteins
- A proven ability to conduct independent research
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement