Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in Merck's Specialty Dosage Forms department (Rahway, NJ), you will work amongst a highly collaborative team of scientists spanning analytical, formulation, device and biopharmaceutics with the goal of establishing a framework for reliable, resource-sparing evaluations of therapeutic peptides for intranasal delivery. Your research will cover the development and in-vitro characterization of delivery devices and anatomical models, and their subsequent application in probing in-vitro/in-vivo correlations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of novel devices for intranasal delivery to preclinical species
- Defining analytical methodology for in-vitro characterization of device/formulation combinations
- Development of anatomical nasal casts for in-vitro product characterization
- Elucidation of correlations between in-vitro deposition and in-vivo performance
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD (Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, or a related discipline) with 3 years or less of postdoctoral experience or met all the requirements for a PhD by May 2017
Required Experience and Skills:
- The applicant must be highly adaptable, capable of delving into new areas of science
- Demonstrated track record of scientific contributions (including peer-reviewed manuscripts)
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in problem solving, critical thinking, laboratory experimentation and data analysis
- Ability to drive research independently and deliver on project goals, while working as part of a highly diverse, cross-functional team
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of intranasal absorption mechanisms
- Exposure to physical/chemical characterization of peptides
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement