Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for Postdoctoral Scientist, Cell & Developability Sciences to be located in Spring House, PA. The term of this postdoctoral assignment will be 2 years.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical and biotechnology company. As a world leader in the field of biomedicines, Janssen discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Located at our Springhouse, PA, facility the Cell & Developability Sciences group within the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing Sciences organization is responsible for generating cell lines that produce protein therapeutics.
We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to join our group at Janssen and drive the creation of a novel mammalian expression system that will support the production of therapeutic proteins at the highest quantity and quality.
The Postdoctoral Scientist will:
- Be responsible for the research, design, and execution of the cell culture and molecular biology experiments required for the creation of this expression system.
- Work closely with cell culture, process development, and protein analytical scientists in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
- Have opportunities for presenting data at internal and external meetings, and for summarizing the data and results in appropriate reports and publications
- Perform experiments related to cell line engineering, cloning and related molecular biology techniques, and development and optimization of processes for improving protein expression levels.
- Be responsible for experimental design, troubleshooting, and maintaining detailed records.
- A minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is required in a relevant discipline such as biological sciences, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with mammalian cell culture, genome engineering (creation of knock-ins, knock-outs, etc. using CRISPR or equivalent technology) and molecular biology (PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, restriction digestion, etc.).
- Familiarity with protein expression/analytical techniques, flow cytometry, and microfluidic cell culture would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills are required. This work is highly collaborative and requires a desire to be part of a team.
- Be comfortable working in a matrix environment and have the ability to connect with different functional groups and people who work in multiple levels while embracing and driving change.
- Able to work in Spring House, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, Pennsylvania
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C.
Job Function: PostdoctoralPrimary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function