Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Scientist, in Skin Biology to be located in Skillman, NJ. The term of this postdoctoral assignment will be 12 - 24 months.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. develops and markets consumer healthcare, baby care, and beauty/skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID® Brand, LISTERINE®, leading skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, CLEAN & CLEAR®, LUBRIDERM® and healthcare products such as NEOSPORIN®, CORTAID®, REMBRANDT® and REACH®.
The successful candidate will apply theoretical knowledge in skin biology and related sciences to assigned projects, ensure project design reviews, analyses, data summary and interpretation, and report and manuscript preparation.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are interested in developing solutions for skin conditions, and are taking multiple approaches to understanding the factors that contribute to healthy skin functioning. This role is global and will have opportunities to partner cross functionally.
The Postdoctoral Scientist will:
- Conduct research in assigned areas, using the established methodology and developing new methodologies.
- The successful candidate will apply theoretical knowledge in skin biology and related sciences to assigned projects, ensure project design reviews, analyses, data summary and interpretation, and report and manuscript preparation.
- Work internally and externally to identify biological targets and technologies to provide skincare benefits.
- Will develop in vitro ex vivo models and assays to assess functional effects of technologies in order to predict clinical performance.
- Evaluate cell signaling mechanisms in order to understand mechanisms of action for key technologies.
- Work closely in a team environment, as well as independently to acquire data, analyze and interpret results.
- Document results in the form of reports, papers and communicate findings to
- R&D colleagues and management.
- Create documentation (technical reports, posters and presentations, etc.).
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Review external literature, data sources and intellectual property to stay current and access competitive threats.
- Stay current on GXP requirements and ensure compliance with internal SOPs and laboratory requirements.
- A minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) is required in Life Sciences, Biology, Biochemistry, and related fields.
- Research experience in skin biology including experience with culturing and handling of human skin cells and tissues, in vitro biochemical (ELISA, enzymatic activity) and molecular (QPCR) assays is strongly preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of industrial experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge in current biology/biochemistry pathways and techniques are required.
- Ability to lead projects, acquire, analyze, interpret and organize data, write and document research experiments and protocols.
- It is required that the candidate be self-motivated, productive and has excellent communication, leadership and scientific problem solving skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.