Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a
division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a
Post-Doctoral Scientist in Oncology Discovery, located in Spring House, PA. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global
group of pharmaceutical companies. These
companies market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of
The candidate will join a dynamic oncology drug
discovery team to study mechanisms involved in stromal cell inhibition of
immune responses in the tumor microenvironment. S/he will first characterize
inhibitory effects of cancer-associated fibroblasts on the in vitro activity of
various immune-regulatory therapeutics. The next step will be to discover the
mechanisms by which stromal cells inhibit immune function, and identify
specific inhibitory factors and/or interactions.
The Oncology Discovery Post-Doctoral scientist
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Oncology Discovery as well
as with others in immunology discovery, medicinal chemistry, and antibody
- Be strongly motivated and dedicated; show initiative and
troubleshooting skills; and demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Will design, execute and interpret studies for testing the
anti-tumor cell efficacy of immunotherapies in the context of in vitro models
the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready'
the ability to contribute to various projects outside of his/her own
up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field.
clear and professional verbal and written communication
- Candidate will have a PhD with 0-3 years of
experience in cancer biology, immunology, or cancer immunology. Expertise in the
tumor microenvironment, including the biology of immune cells is strongly
- Experience with in vitro models of tumor biology, ELISAs, cytokine
expression assays, and proliferation assays is required.
- Expertise in design, execution and interpretation of cell based
assays/experiments to interrogate functional effects on the tumor
microenvironment is required.
- Expertise in molecular biology including RNA, DNA and protein
analysis is preferred. Experience with flow cytometry is preferred.
- Experience in designing and interpreting in vivo efficacy models
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function