***MUST BE ABLE TO WORK W2 WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP***
Our client, is looking to bring on two Postgres DBAs for their contract supporting the FAA. They were just awarded their 2nd out of 5 option years so there are essentially 4 years left on the contract. This project is supporting the FNS system, which supports the NOTAM system (Notice to Airmen). The goal of the NOTAM system is to create a single source for the airmen to receive information efficiently and safely. These DBA's will be working on a specific system within the FNS system which involves construction notices of any physical construction on the runway and relays this information to the airmen.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Database Administrator (PostgreSQL) in Reston, Virginia and will be primarily responsible for supporting database infrastructure design, maintenance, automation, optimization and implementation of new and existing applications in a development and testing PostgreSQL environment on Linux and Solaris servers.
* PostgresSQL/Oracle database administration supporting a POSTgeospatial environment
* Database management connected to Geospatial, GIS, ESRI ArcGis and GeoServer environment
* SQL expertise with ANSI standard SQL and advanced PSQL capabilities
* Create or maintain updates of scripting languages including shell scripting
* Ensure database performance and availability by monitoring space, CPU usage, fragmentation of data and by tuning queries, etc.
* Available to support production environment migrations with advanced notice
* B.S. in Computer Science or relevant
* 10+ years of relevant experience
* 2+ years of Postgres SQL experience
* 2+ years of Unix experience
* Must be able to perform all aspects of database administration and maintenance for PostgreSQL as well as thoroughly understand multi-site replication & backup and restore configuration
* Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.