Nestle PURINA Petcare Company is a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers within the area of Allentown, PA, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. As a Pouch Plant Supervisor, you’ll join our factory in north eastern Pennsylvania, which manufactures ALPO, and Friskies brand canned cat and dog food along with Friskies pouch products. Just 65 miles from Center City Philadelphia, Allentown – or Lehigh Valley – is in close proximity to many of the major Northeastern U.S. cities, which makes it an ideal location for manufacturing and distributing consumer goods. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Purina is truly proud to call home.
The Pouch Plant Supervisor is responsible for executing all day-to-day operating activities of the Allentown Pouch Plant. The job scope includes daily supervision on hourly employees along with managing key operating indicators such as safety, performance, quality and sanitation. Responsible for recommending and implementing improvements within the operations.
• Responsible for efficient operation of department including the proper use of labor and equipment according to established quality and safety criteria.
• Maintain a healthy labor relations environment and positive attitude on the part of all personnel working in the department.
• Perform all administrative functions including employee records, production records and records critical to department operation.
• Train employee for effective performance and safe operation.
• Organize and conduct departmental meetings.
• Maintain compliance with all policies, procedures, and standards established by the company and various federal, state and local regulatory agencies in the area of safely, quality assurance, labor relation, contract and grievance administration, personnel, accounting, purchasing, sanitation, and customer service. Take prompt corrective action when deviations are identified.
• Actively support plant continuous improvement, objectives and perform other miscellaneous duties as directed or assigned.
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure the production of high quality pouches in a safe and efficient manner.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED required, college degree or equivalent is preferred.
1+ years’ of supervisory experience in a manufacturing, military, or related environment
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.