The Power Controlled Specialist is an hourly position, reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader. The PCS maintains all instrument, electrical, and electronic devices and systems in the Amarillo Plant.
- Retrieve work schedules and orders, and enter information into SAP for work performed and time conformation.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, construction, layouts, disassembly, installation, analysis, calibration, and troubleshooting of plant electrical, instrumental, or electronic systems or equipment.
- Work from information obtained from engineering drawings, electrical diagrams, simple and complex sketches, other related documents, and verbal field instructions needed to perform assigned duties.
- Dismantle, repair, reassemble electrical components, electrical instrumentation, electronic equipment, and control system equipment for continuous service.
- Operate Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) and possesses programming skills.
- Participate in the preventive and predictive maintenance programs for electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Complete records and reports needed for the PCS position.
- Monitor and/or coordinate special programs as directed.
- Provide relief to other roles, as required.
- Use tools, machinery and equipment in the course of performing daily job responsibilities.
- Maintain performance level according to targets.
- Comply with all plant rules, safety regulations, and JHA requirements.
- Perform job tasks in a manor to reduce adverse impact to the environment and adhere to environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal and all chemical usage and waste.
- Perform cleanup duties including, but not limited to, equipment areas, workstations, etc.
- Participate in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Perform all and other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology