Power Electronics Design Engineer - 003WHD Livermore, CA
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are currently seeking a Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer
to join our team in Livermore, CA. This position will be responsible for the specification, design, implementation, and support of high power utility scale PV inverters and their implementation into PV plants. Immediate objectives:
- Learn about and support existing products and ongoing efforts for inverters ranging from 500kW to 2.2MW
- Develop engineering models and test plans to verify electrical, environmental, and functional compliance of the design to its specification
- Establish strong relationships with counterparts in other projects and locations
- Remain abreast of the latest developments in engineering, especially to guide future development efforts
- Diligent, organized, and focused in their approach to problem solving and design
- Thoughtful individual performer comfortable in a dynamic team
- Eager to learn, integrate new concepts, principles, and solutions
- Adaptable, but detail oriented and methodical in execution
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Lead specification, design, and development for power electronics and systems design for advanced high voltage, high power inverters and converters
- Design, prototype, and develop products via a combination of modeling, implementation, and testing
- Specification of power semiconductors, magnetic devices, capacitors, and power drive circuits
- Develop innovative control algorithms for advanced power conversion products
- Perform root cause analysis of difficult problems and document problem resolution methodologies
- Work closely with regulatory team and remaining abreast of the latest developments in engineering and regulatory requirements including UL, CSA, IEC, IEEE, especially to guide future development efforts
- Carry design from concept to manufacture, working within a dynamic cross-functional team
- Conduct worst case analysis and FMEA to evaluate reliability and ensure there are no product safety/liability concerns.
- Create detailed hardware design documentation, tracking product development and providing system design documentation and training
- Master's, PhD., or demonstrated experience in Power Electronics or Power Systems Engineering
- 5 years related industry experience with power electronics, with a focus on utility scale 3-phase grid-tie inverters, UPS Systems, or drives
- In-depth knowledge of various modulation schemes for multi level topologies
- Working experience with Matlab/Simulink, PSIM
- Must show experience with SiC Semiconductors, IGBTs, MOSFETs
- Strong knowledge of gate drive circuits, high power capacitors, and magnetics a must
- Demonstrated project awareness and technical leadership skills
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills
Schneider Electric Solar Inverters USA, Inc. ("Schneider") is a world leader in advanced power electronics, and consists of a fast-paced, dynamic, and cross-functional team.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.