Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Power Finance IT Digital Thread Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Greenville, Schenectady
The Power Finance IT Digital Thread Leader has responsibility for the strategy, delivery, and continuous improvement of Digital Thread solutions for the Finance organization across the Gas Power Systems, Steam Power Systems, and Power Services P&Ls. You will be able to drive consistency across the Finance organization regarding the usage of a common set of tools and processes.
The Power Finance IT team is engaged in a global SAP implementation along with other pillar applications, such as Hyperion, Tableau, and CPQ. Overall goals of organization are to create and implement global processes to the three client P&Ls, partnering with our internal Enterprise Standards team to incorporate their global, compliant Finance standards into the overall system design. The project will leverage our Accounting COE's and global shared services as systems and processes are standardized and then deployed.
In addition, you will:
* Work with Finance leadership and their teams to understand their Analytics requirements, ensuring that Digital Thread solutions are an excellent fit for their evolving needs
* Champion our Analytics solutions across the Finance function, both source systems (Salesforce.com, SAP ECC & BW) and data lake (Greenplum, Talend, Tableau)
* Help the Finance team develop their own self-service skill-sets
* Work with IT and Process Excellence partners to help shape and drive the development of GE Power's Digital Thread infrastructure in support of the Finance function (including data warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms)
* Embrace "data-as-a-service" capabilities of the Digital Thread to provide improved technical capabilities to integrate multiple data sources for our Finance end-user applications
* Take responsibility for and deliver multiple work-streams, both on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis, lead of team of contractors and/or GE employees
* Contribute to the development of our Digital Thread tools, skills, culture, and impact for Finance and GE Power
* Interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships using strong interpersonal skills
* Partner with project management and analyst team members to deliver against customer requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, MIS, or related discipline
* Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in Financial Systems or Analytics
* Minimum of 5 years of work experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with databases including SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g. Oracle, Teradata, MySQL etc.)
* GE Power Finance or other GE Finance experience
* Strong expertise in core Finance competencies (FP&A, Commercial & Operational Finance, Accounting Close, Risk, etc.)
* Experience with common finance systems (e.g. Salesforce.com, Oracle, SAP, Hyperion)
* Experience with modern data visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire
* Familiarity with enterprise reporting tools such as Business Objects or Cognos
* Familiarity with database design and data structure optimization for reporting & analytics
* Experience working with Shared Service organizations
* Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
* Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with strong business acumen; demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects
* Desire to be part of a leading edge program with tight deadlines, global enterprise scope and high expectations, ability to learn new technology, processes, organizations, data sets and use cases fast and create solutions immediately
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of strategic scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects at once
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Minimum of 7 years of work experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.