If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires
Completes preventative maintenance and/or basic repair activities on Generator or component at the customer site with minimal direction.
Engages with customer in a courteous and professional manner. Ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools.
Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field.
Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation.Qualifications: Skills
Skill Level A
- Broad mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance capability - Apprentice Certified Power Generation Technician (Preferred)
- Capable of electrical repair and maintenance with minimal supervision - practical exposure to working on Power Generation products
- Awareness of Quick Serve Process
- Able to understand basic computer use
- Able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Able to understand written instructions
- Ability to work safely and identify safety risks, including completion of any required safety training and the Job Safety Assessment process
- Can resolve basic technical problems
- Able to work within quality standards
- Capable of developing effective working relationships
- Ability to use general numerical principles
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Ability to carry out basic repairs and scheduled maintenance on different product types without supervisiors
- Able to understand diagnostic tools
- Awareness and ability to access Cummins service support tools (such as Quick Serve On Line, INPOWER, LONMGMAKER) and understanding of Microsoft Software
- Able to prepare required documentation to the standard required
- Ability to understand the relationships between GenSet components and inform more senior Field Service Technician as to which GenSet component may be causing the performance issue
- Apprentice Trained Power Generation/ Electrical Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Current relevant electrical certification
- Locally valid driving permit
- Minimal level of workshop related experience required
- Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with power generation products
- High Voltage/ Low Voltage experience
Position could be Level I, II, or III depending on qualifications and experience. Day shift position.
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.