If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This mid-range role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest product updates.
Cummins is looking for an extraordinary Power Generation Field Technician in our Savannah, GA location. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime. Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to generators and components at the customer's site.
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line, INPOWER, LONMGMAKER
- Familiar with basic warranty/policy terms
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
- In depth electrical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships and educating customers on operations and maintenance of products
- Apprentice Certified Power Generation/ Electrical Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Current relevant electrical certification
- Locally valid driving permit
- Basic level field service work experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with of power generation products
- High Voltage/ Low Voltage experience
- Customer service experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Standing 7.5 hours per day.
- Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day.
- Sitting 1.5 hours per day.
- Lifting 1.5 hours per day.
- Lifting up to a maximum of 80 pounds.
- Bending 3.0 hours per day.
- Driving 1.5 hours per day.
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins