Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to generators and components at the customer's site.
Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field
Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisorQualifications: Skills
- Skill Level A
- Level I Technician plus
- Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line, INPOWER, LONMGMAKER
- Familiar with basic warranty/policy terms
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
Skill Level B
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Skill Level A plus
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
- In depth electrical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships and educating customers on operations and maintenance of products
- Apprentice Certified Power Generation/ Electrical Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Current relevant electrical certification
- Locally valid driving permit
- Basic level field service work experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with of power generation products
- High Voltage/ Low Voltage experience
- Customer service experience
- Field Service Power Generation Technician based out of the Hodgkins, IL, branch. Position may be Level I, II, or III (Mechanic, Technician, or Journeyman) based on level of experience.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.