Power Generation Field Service Technician, Level I
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This mid-range role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest product updates.
This is an exciting opportunity in Billings, MT for a Power Generation Field Service Technician, Level I. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology such as High-horsepower GenSets, Integrated Power Systems, and PowerCommand panels in the Commercial Industrial, Data Center, and Prime Power markets while working in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
- Completes preventative maintenance and/or basic repair activities on Generator or component at the customer site with minimal direction.
- Engages with customer in a courteous and professional manner. Ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation
- Ability to carry out basic repairs and scheduled maintenance on different product types without supervision
- Able to understand diagnostic tools
- Awareness and ability to access Cummins service support tools (such as Quick Serve On Line, INPOWER, LONMGMAKER) and understanding of Microsoft Software
- Able to prepare required documentation to the standard required
- Ability to understand the relationships between GenSet components and inform more senior Field Service Technician as to which GenSet component may be causing the performance issue
- Broad mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance capability - Apprentice Certified Power Generation Technician (Preferred)
- Capable of electrical repair and maintenance with minimal supervision - practical exposure to working on Power Generation products
Awareness of Quick Serve Process
- Able to understand basic computer use
- Able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Able to understand written instructions
- Ability to work safely and identify safety risks, including completion of any required safety training and the Job Safety Assessment process
- Can resolve basic technical problems
- Able to work within quality standards
- Capable of developing effective working relationships
- Ability to use general numerical principles
- Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Trained Power Generation/ Electrical Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution (Preferred)
- Current relevant electrical certification (Preferred)
- Locally valid driving permit
- Minimal level of workshop related experience required.
- Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with power generation products
High Voltage/ Low Voltage experience.
- Willing to train on Onan Power Generation Products.
- Travel would consist between the Canadian boarder, NE Wyoming, Continental Divide and North Dakota boarder with weekends at home.
- Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
- Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
- Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Must abide by all local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
- No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
- No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.