Power Generation Field Service Technician- Level I
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This entry-level role is filled with variety and learning beyond the technology in our engines, you'll quickly learn about safety and diagnostic tools, as well as our newest product updates.
This is an exciting opportunity in Dallas, TX for a Power Generation Field Service Technician. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology such as High-horsepower GenSets, Integrated Power Systems, and PowerCommand panels in the Commercial Industrial, Data Center, and Prime Power markets while working in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
Skills and Experience Required:
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
Qualifications: Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Completes preventative maintenance and/or basic activities on Generator or component at the customer site with minimal direction.
- Engages with customer inn a courteous and professional manner. Ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
- Preforms preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirement.
- Maintains service vehicle for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety& Environmental policies, procedures and legislation.
Physical Requirements (times are approximate)
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school or community college graduates preferred.
- Knowledge of Cummins equipment.
- Must have a valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Possess knowledge of warranty and service programs on Cummins products.
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal and customer relation skills; ability to make educated decisions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs without supervision.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the product and basic principles of electricity.
- Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
Standing 7.5 hours per day • Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day • Sitting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting up to a maximum of 80 pounds • Bending 3.0 hours per day • Driving 2.5 hours per day Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.