Cummins Sales and Service is the registered trade name of Cummins Inc. in North America.
Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, Cummins currently employs approximately 55,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distribution locations and approximately 7,200 dealer locations.
With more than 190 service centers in North America, Cummins Sales and Service is committed to providing exceptional sales, service and parts support for all Cummins engines, generators and related components.
We are looking for an extraordinary field power generation technician in Anchorage, Alaska.
As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
The benefits to joining Cummins are just beginning.
You will earn an hourly wage commensurate with experience plus variable compensation plan. Bonus is based on how well Cummins does against financial targets. Our benefits include health plans that are some of the best within the industry. You choose a plan that best fits you and your family.
Upon hire, employees accrue paid time off - up to 128 hours annually. Employees also receive 9 paid holidays, including the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Employees also have access to:
- Dental plan
- Employee life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD & D)
- Dependent life insurance (optional)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health saving account
- Pension plan.
- 401K, in addition to the pension plan. You can enroll in the 401K program at any time after your first week of employment.
- Employee stock purchase plan
What do you need to become a power generation technician? The ideal candidate will be a technical specialist and primary customer support contact to diagnose and execute complex repairs to generators and components at the customer's site. In addition, the technician will:
- Establish and continually develop productive customer relations and ensure prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Apply the use of specialized tools and follow documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field.
- Escalate unresolved issues to product specialists / Supervisor
- Coach and develop technicians and/or apprentices and transfer knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Complete training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintain service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor
Skills, experiences and qualifications include:
- Field service work experience
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of and/or experience with power generation products
- Low Voltage experience
- Customer service experience
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
- Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Ability to guide / coach other service technicians (including customer and/or dealer technicians) through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
- Can resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities
- Furnish own hand tools
- Required education, licenses or certifications:
- Certified on Cummins Power Generation Product/ Electrical Technician, preferred
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driver's license
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to help the customer? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.