Power Generation Sales Account Lead - Cummins Pacific
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Cummins Sales and Service organization delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
We are looking for an extraordinary Power Generation Sales Account Lead with at least 5 years of electrical or mechanical equipment sales experience in Data Center sales account management or similar project management experience. This person will be based out of our Renton, WA facility.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in growing significant customer relationships interfacing with executive level decision makers
- Experience with large customer management and with strategic customer management.
- Experience in strategic business planning and strong background in value based selling
- Engage executive-level Data Center decision makers by demonstrating a thorough understanding of their business strategy and communicate the value proposition offered by Cummins Inc.
- Account plan development strategies and implementation to positively influence high level decision makers and create a Cummins preference.
- Respond to RFP solicitations, leading the development of formal proposals that are professional and effective. After the sale, prepare responses to RFIs and initiate change-order proposals as needed
- Understands key strategic accounts, including industry trends, business objectives and operational issues. Develops relationships throughout the strategic accounts and connects strategic Data Center solutions.
- Coordinates with Operations, Finance and other internal Cummins groups as needed to effectively execute strategic Account Plans.
- Assist the Cummins marketing group as needed for trade shows and other promotional events
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Focus On Customer Needs - Able to leverage network of customer contacts to attain customer specific information that will provide useful in making informed business decisions and increase understanding of customer needs.
- Account Planning - Is able to develop strategies to grow business, formulate marketing plans, identify support needs, and measure progress. Understands what strategies need to be put in place to strengthen customer relationships.
- Sales Calls - Able to formulate sales call plans, conduct calls according to plans, gather information and negotiate terms of sale. Able to coach others.
- Manage Customer Relationships - Manages customer interactions and relationships to maximize sales opportunities. Utilizes appointment and customer contact management software. Able to coach others to develop effective contact management habits. Consistently demonstrates ability to establish rapport, meet commitments, and develop effective working relationships with customers.
- Sales Negotiations - Able to identify negotiating tactics used by customers and how to manage them. Can recognize the balance of power within a negotiation and has the skills to alter that balance. Drives toward collaborative relationships (i.e. win/win relationships).
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Business Administration or relevant discipline or significant industry experience is required
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.