Power Generation Service Coordinator
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
The Power Generation Service Coordinator has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. The person in this role is responsible for supporting service work order parts requests and assisting customers with parts sales at the parts counter.
Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION (Internal and External)
Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional appearance.
Answer incoming telephone calls courteously and professionally while determining the needs of the caller and directing them to the proper person and/or department.
Greet all visitors courteously, determining their needs and directing them to the proper area.
• Gather required work order information to include but not limited to:
• Customer information such as company name, contact name, address, and phone number.
• Required product and vehicle/unit information
• Requested repair, complaint, and/or failure. Gather details such as operating conditions at the time the complaint/failure occurred.
• Create an accurate job plan using Standard Repair Time (SRT) procedures.
• Obtain the customer's perception/interpretation of warranty coverages.
• Assist with scheduling of work for in-shop and mobile repairs.
• Determine if repair will be warranty or billable
• Close out billable work orders
• Use Service Monitor to monitor open jobs and help with RECT (Repair Event Cycle Time) measures
• General office duties: filing, incoming and outgoing mail, order office supplies.
• Collect payment from COD customer's parts and service.
• Assist technicians with spotting vehicles when pulling in and backing out
• Perform Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) audits
• Assist in maintaining clean and organized and safe branch
• Inventory management (cycle counts and cores)
• Look up parts using Quick Serve and order as needed
• Ship failed parts per WRAP program and tag recon failed parts
• Put stock away and pull orders and stage for shop and field
• Make sure stock parts and non stock parts are on work orders prior to invoicing
• Operate fork lift
• Parts delivery and pick up parts for in shop and field work
• Operate maintain and log information from DPF (Diesel Particulate filter) machine
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, management, and co-workers.
• Maintain company and product confidentiality.
• Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
• Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
• All other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED is required in addition to a minimum of two (2) years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates Degree preferred.
• Minimum 2-4 years previous experience.
• Minimum 2-4 years previous customer service/contact experience
• Proficient computer and typing skills specifically in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Power Point, Customer Data Base and Lotus Notes.
• Technically competent in diesel engines / generator repairs.
• Superior communication skills, positive attitude and professional in demeanor and appearance.
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
• Trained in use of applicable Forklift
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
• Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment.
• Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
o Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
o Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
o No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
o No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
o No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
o Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
o If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company's competitors, customers, or suppliers.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses and Protective Footwear as required.
Cummins Rocky Mountain LLC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is Cummins Rocky Mountain's intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.