Cummins Northwest has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins Northwest employees to the company.
We are looking for an extraordinary power generation service supervisor to help lead our Renton, Washington team.
As part of Cummins Northwest, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
The benefits to joining Cummins are just beginning.
You will earn a salary commensurate with experience plus variable compensation plan. Bonus is based on how well Cummins does against financial targets. Our benefits include h ealth plans that are some of the best within the industry. You choose a plan that best fits you and your family.
Upon hire, employees accrue paid time off - up to 128 hours annually. Employees also receive 9 paid holidays, including the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Employees also have access to:
- Dental plan
- Employee life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD & D)
Dependent life insurance (optional)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health saving account
- Pension plan.
- 401K, in addition to the pension plan. You can enroll in the 401K program at any time after your first week of employment.
- Employee stock purchase plan
What do you need to become a Cummins service supervisor? This leader will supervise employees who install, service, and repair equipment and machinery. Other duties include:
- Coordinates and schedules Technician work schedules; communicates repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes; monitors Technician productivity and repair quality.
- Provides coaching and feedback to individual Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; provides performance reviews and opportunities for professional growth.
- Provides first level of support to Service Technicians requiring assistance; escalates technical support needs for resolution when needed.
- Manages service logistics including use of materials, equipment, and employees ensuring safety, quality, and efficient operations
- Develop and/or reviews quotes for accuracy prior to communication to customers; provides updates on repair status and any plan or schedule changes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Monitors the status of open repairs with technicians; addresses issues that impact completion of the repair plan in the time quoted to customers.
- Monitors goals and targets for the branch; measures, reviews, and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Resolves customer concerns related to Cummins or distributor warranties; develops strong relationships with key customers through frequent and professional communication.
- To succeed in this role, the service supervisor will have the following qualifications:
- Channel Repair Process - QuickServe - Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
- Service Cross Functional Knowledge - Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support. Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
- Communication - Written and Verbal - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
- Analyze Issues - Understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Applies accurate logic in solving problems.
- Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
- Claims Management System - Awareness of the Claims Management Systems. Also has some knowledge of Cummins products and their respective warranty coverage's. Familiarization with the Warranty Administration Manual, campaigns, Temporary Repair Practices, and warranty alerts.
- Focus on Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Technical trade school degree or equivalent education, or equivalent experience required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to lead? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.