- Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on power generation products in a service workshop under limited supervision
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, assembles and reassembles power generation units, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of power generation units
- Assists Level III Technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans on engines in the workshop
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Skill Level A
Level I Technician plus:
Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line, INPOWER
Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements
Can resolve common technical problems
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
In depth electrical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships Education, Licenses, Certifications
Apprentice Trained Power Generation / Electrical Technician (Preferred)
Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
Current relevant electrical certification
Locally valid driving permit (Preferred) Experience
Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience working with power generation products High Voltage/Low Voltage practical experience Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to take care of the customer? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.